TestOut Corporation of Pleasant Grove, UT is seeking to hire a talented full-time Technical Specialist, Instructional Designer who is passionate and wants to work on impressive products that make a direct impact on the customer, and drive revenue for the company.
As a technical specialist for our instructional design teams, you are a subject matter expert and know the IT community certification and training needs. Your attention to detail and high standards for quality make you a trusted and reliable resource to design and build TestOut's instructional products.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for our IT Pro product line; which includes Windows client and server, Cisco, Linux, networking, security and computer hardware courses
- Design, author, and create labs for courses
- Set up complex computer and network systems as a model for our courseware
- Interface with engineering to provide detailed estimates and specifications for course lab features
- Record real life demos showing students how to perform networking and security tasks
- Provide technical reviews of course content
- Troubleshoot complex computer systems and course production issues
- Verify, edit, and resolve issues with TestOut product content
- Communicate in meetings and coordinate schedules to ensure smooth integration between instructional design and engineering
- Work closely with QA to ensure that product quality adheres to TestOut's high standards and guidelines
- Strong technical background and knowledge, especially in computer networking, security, and systems engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field or instructional design of technical courseware
- 3-5 years networking, security, or systems engineering experience
- Ability to work with internal stakeholders and external vendors to provide high-quality and on-time delivery of completed products
- Prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional writing skills
- Computer industry certifications (Microsoft, Linux, Cisco, CompTIA, etc.)
- Experience with Camtasia or other screen capture software
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Software development or instructional design background
- Video or audio editing experience
Why Work For Us?
You will earn a competitive salary based on experience and excellent benefits! Our benefits include paid time off and holiday pay, 100% company-paid health and dental insurance, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability insurance. If what you have read so far piques your interest, then we want to hear from you!
About TestOut Corporation
The mission of TestOut Corporation is "To make a difference in a person's life through education using breakthrough technology". We are in the business of selling hope. We work with academic and IT Pro institutions all over the US and abroad. Through our software training technology called LabSim, a student with little to no IT knowledge can "test out" and master real-world IT scenarios that can open doors to a job, career advancement, and a better life.
For five years running, TestOut has been voted "Best Company to Work For" by Utah Business Magazine through employee surveys. We have created a business casual environment with company employee events as well as company family events. Our CEO cares about each employee and shows it through competitive compensation and great benefits.
Come join our TestOut team today! We look forward to meeting you!
How to Apply
Interested applicants should click here to fill out an online application.